The advantage of Postgraduate study is that it allows students to enter employment with additional skills and knowledge. A Postgraduate degree offers the graduate students a continuous higher education with the preparations of scientific and professional skills. It prepares students for the future challenges and provides them with knowledge and skills that expose them to creativity and enable them to contribute to development.
GUB strives to enhance the national development process through the creation of a center of excellence in higher education that is responsive to society’s needs.
Graduate Admission Eligibility
1. The candidates applying for Master programs must have minimum GPA 2.00 or equivalent results at the Bachelor level and
2. Minimum GPA of 2.50 in both SSC and HSC Examinations or at least one GPA of 2.00 with an aggregate GPA of 6.00 in SSC and HSC or
3. Candidates must have passed University of London and Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level in at least five subjects and ‘A’ Level in at least two subjects. Only the best five subjects in ‘O’ Level and best two subjects in ‘A’ Level will be considered. Out of these seven subjects, a candidate must have at least 4B’s or GPA of 4.00 in the four subjects and 3 C’s or GPA of 3.5 in the remaining three subjects. (in the scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 and E=1)
4. At least 2 years of job experience with Bachelor degree or 4-year Bachelor (Honors) degree required for EMBA.
5. Candidates seeking admission to LL.M should have at least LL.B (Hons) degree from any recognized university.
Procedure for Admissions
Prospective students will have to face admission test before getting enrolled in the GUB. But those who have combined GPA of 7.00 in SSC & HSC (GPA of 6.00 in SSC & BTEB Degrees) will be exempted from the admission test. In addition, candidates of Masters Programs will also be exempted from the admission test.
Submission of Complete Application Form
An applicant passing the admission test in any program at GUB has to collect an application form from the Admissions Office for specific information regarding application procedures by paying Tk. 500/- (Taka Five Hundred only). The application form is also available on GUB website at www.green.edu.bd. The applicant has to submit the completed application form along with the following documents to the Admissions Office
A complete application includes:
1. One Application form.
2. Three passport-sized color photographs, duly signed by student.
3. Photocopies of –
· i. SSC or its equivalent/O-level marks sheet,
ii. SSC or its equivalent /O-level certificate (if available),
iii. HSC or its equivalent /A-level marks sheet,
iv. HSC or its equivalent /A-level certificate (if available),
v. Copy of Graduation/Masters Transcript/Certificate
4. Copy of applicant’s birth certificate/ NID.
5. Copy of Applicant’s/Guardian’s National ID card
6. Required Job Certificates for EMBA applicant