Meet the Counselor
Lecturer (Psycho Social Counselor)
Green University of Bangladesh (GUB)
220/D, Begum Rokeya Sarani, Dhaka-1207
Telephone: 9014725, 8031031, Ext-524
Afroja Ahmed has diversified working experience in the field of mental health and psychosocial support with the divergent population. She is extensively experienced in working with various international organizations, such as Asian University for Women (AUW), Action Contra La Faim (ACF International, France), and JiVitA (A research project of Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, USA) . She provided mental health support to different communities like university students, force migrated people, and disaster affected community in southern and northern part of Bangladesh.
Her area of expertise is adult mental health illness and therapeutic counseling. She is very passionate to work with young people because their creativity and enthusiastic learning attitude make her feel accomplished. She finds Green University of Bangladesh (GUB) to be the best place to cherish her passion. She admires the creativity of students and is dedicated to foster their analytical thoughts by providing continuous emotional support. She is skilled in Cognitive Behavior Therapeutic (CBT) approach; however, she is fascinated to work in eclectic approaches too. She is a member of Bangladesh Clinical Psychology Society (BCPS).
· Masters in Clinical Psychology (M.S.), Department of Clinical Psychology, University of Dhaka
· Bachelor in Psychology (B.S), Department of Psychology, University of Dhaka
· April 2015 to July 2016: Campus Psychologist, Health and Wellness Center, Asian University for Women (AUW), Chittagong.
· January 2014 to April 2015: Senior Project Officer (Mental Health and Care Practice), Action Contre La Faim (ACF INTERNATIONAL), Coxsbazaar.
· June 2013 to January 2014: Senior Psychological Evaluator, JiVitA Bangladesh (A Research Project of John Hopkins University, USA), Gaibandha.
· June 2012 to June 2013: Trainee Clinical Psychologist, Counseling and Guidance Office, University of Dhaka, Dhaka.
· June 2012 to June 2013: Trainee Clinical Psychologist, Department of Psychiatry, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), Dhaka.
· Research publications:
1. Stress and Hope among the Patients with Cancer, Bangladesh Psychological Studies, 2014,Vol. 24,P. 49-56
2. Adaptation of the Questionnaire on stress in Cancer Patient Revised (QSC-R 23),The Dhaka University Journal of Psychology, 2013,Vol.37,P.23-30
1. Published an article on ‘Monbhuban’ (A Psychological journal of Bangladesh Clinical Psychology Society), 2014 to raise awareness for emphasizing the significance of psychosocial support to promote the well-being of Cancer patients.